Well it's better late then never and I want to have it documented so here it goes, Alice's birth story....
When we arrive at home me and Doug go inside, even though Doug tells me to wait in the van, and we get a couple extra things that we hadn't packed yet and then we head to the hospital. As soon as we arrive at the hospital and I start walking toward the entrance I experience another huge gush of water. As a side note this is the first pregnancy in which my water has broken. They take me straight up to the birthing center and my doctor, who had been waiting for me to go into later that night, laughed seeing me in my state.
They hooked me up and confirmed that in fact I had broke my water, lol. They also said that I was 2.5 cm dilated. It was about 7:15 pm at this point. They gave me the choice of walking around before they hooked me up so that maybe I could get some real contractions coming, since I had only, up to this point, had very mild contractions. So Doug and I walked around about 5 or 6 times before going back to the room and Doug decided to get some rest before the baby came. It was about 8:00 pm now.
The doctor wanted to give me some pitocin since it didn't seem like I was progressing, but I told the nurse that I would like to put it off for a little longer and see what happens, my other two pregnancies I was induced and I really didn't want to be induced for this one either and my water had already broke on it's own so I just wanted to go with it.
At about 9 pm my contractions started to get a little stronger and I requested some pain medicine. Then at about 10:30 pm they got a whole lot stronger so they came to check to see how far along I was. I was at a 5. They said I could get an epidural so I decided to get one. While I was getting my epidural I told my nurse that I needed to push. By the time they were done doing the epidural they had to rush to get Doug because I had gone from a 5 to a 10 within that time period!
After not much pushing Alice Elizabeth Sokolowski was born @ 1:47 am weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz and 19 3/4 length.
Here are some pictures:
Alice freshly born!
Sleeping...
We had pictures taken two weeks after she was
born and they turned out so well!
Alice with her big brothers!
So happy to finally have you here!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Even though its been a couple years since I had my last baby, I still love hearing other birth stories. ..every one is absolutely amazing! My family is surely blessed to have the Sokolowski's as our new friends....i look forward to many more years of memorIes.
Post a Comment