Thursday, May 7, 2009
It's been a month
For the past month Erik has had a sinus infection, pink eye and now an ear infection! I sure hope this ear infection is the end of his not feeling well. He has been acting his normal self which is good, since I'm babysitting for a family and watching 2 additional children. I found out about his ear infection yesterday at his 18 month old well visit/re-checking pink eye/sinus infection. I told the doctor that I've been having a hard time getting Erik to eat new foods. He said that what I should do is if he doesn't eat what we feed him, we shouldn't give him something he likes to replace it. He also said that I shouldn't feed him until his next meal. So essentially I wouldn't be feeding him. Is this the way to go about this problem? Please, if anyone has any suggestions or comments about what Erik's doctor is telling me to do please let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is the absolute best way (in my opinion)! Lillian was a very picky eater as well. Once we stopped making her alternate meals and stopped the snacking she was fine. Well honestly she ate about one meal a day for months and was totally content with it. But now she'll at least try anything we put in front of her. Making it sooooo worth it! And she LOVES veggies.
We let her pick out our dinner vegetable. We placed two options to start on the counter and had her pick one. Now she has free reign and will choose all sorts of yummies for dinner.
Our policy is if she doesn't eat a meal she doesn't get anything but water, until the next meal. Keep in mind though, the typical portion size for you kid. Lillian's portion size is much smaller than we first expected.
Good Luck! Sorry this is so long, but I'm a huge fan of this method.
Post a Comment